Do you have tiny rooms in your home? Does your space feel small and cramped? While you can’t change the dimensions, mirrors can help visually expand your abode. They reflect light, making a small space feel larger. The following are suggestions for using a mirror(s) to make your home feel bigger and brighter.
- Create a mirrored wall: Cover one wall in a small space with polished or beveled-edged mirrored glass. This extra-large mirror complements any decor while making the room appear larger.
- Make a mirror grouping: Group mirrors of various sizes and shapes, forming an organized arrangement that adds depth and creates character. Promote a unified feel by painting the frames one colour.
- Try a horizontal mirror: A large rectangular mirror instantly makes a wall look bigger, creating an illusion of spaciousness! This method is especially effective when using long thin mirrors.
- Pair a light source with a mirror: Lighting fixtures and candles pair well with mirrors, adding dimension and atmosphere to a small room. Try placing a lamp or a mirrored candle holder before a hanging mirror.
- Expand the feel of your dining room: Placing a mirror near a chandelier reflects light and makes a small dining space feel larger. This pairing creates soft lighting and a spacious formal feel.
- Consider mirrored cabinet fronts: Applying mirrored tiles to the front face of your cabinets reflects the surroundings and makes a room look and feel bigger.
- Create a fake window: Frame a mirror so that it mimics a window. This serves as a focal point and opens a small room by tricking the eye, making the space seem larger.
- Try a tall mirror to draw your eye upward, creating a spacious feel. Use a tall mirror in an alcove or at the end of a hallway, making the space feel larger and lighter while providing depth and continuity.
- Locate a mirror opposite a window to create an illusion of space. This arrangement reflects natural light and provides a view of the outdoors.
- Enlarge the staircase: Narrow stairs appear wider and longer with mirrors. Place a mirror on the wall opposite the banister to create the illusion.
- Enlarge a bedroom: Install mirrors on a bedroom door/closet, creating the feel of expanded space. Try a mirrored headboard in a small bedroom, creating a sense of depth.
- Establish a focal point: By aligning all the mirrors in the room to a designated focal point, you create an illusion of space and depth.
A well-placed mirror(s) makes a small room/space look bigger, brighter, and more expansive. Mirrors are a great tool for decorating a small home! Want to make a small room feel bigger and brighter? Are you looking for unique, quality mirrors for your home decor? Call Calgary’s premier mirror and glass company, House of Mirrors & Glass(403) 253-3777 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We manufacture custom polished and bevelled edge frameless mirrors and have many frame samples for you to view. Our helpful team is ready to assist you in finding a mirror that works for your home. We’ll even install your new mirror. Check out our showroom!