Mirrors are both decorative and functional. They have a bounty of applications!
Choosing the perfect size, frame and shape of a mirror are essential to accomplishing your decorating goals. Don’t limit your ideas to the usual shape and design. Let your imagination soar. We have 10 mirror design ideas to help inspire you!
Some uniques mirror design ideas:
- Try a chunky wood frame: Use stained or painted wood or try a raw wood product to create a cohesive look that reflects your personal décor.
- Consider a tile mosaic border: Give your mirror a colourful look and an expensive feel with a mosaic tile frame that complements your space.
- Opt for a sunburst frame: Vintage or contemporary, a sunburst mirror brings happiness and whimsy to a room. A large sunburst can add a lot of glamour and drama, while a smaller one looks fabulous on a shelf or in a grouping.
- Think about etching: Try a simple etched border or stencil an intricate pattern throughout. This shimmery style adds glitz and glam to a mirror and the room it adorns.
- Opt for a freestanding full-length mirror as this allows a head-to-toe view. Consider a rectangular or elliptical shape. No floor room? Opt to mount it to the wall. If you mount it horizontally it will make your room appear larger.
- Try an over-the-door mirror: Limited floor space? Hang a mirror over your door with the help of long square hooks or mount it flush against the inside of a closet door. You’ll have all the benefits of a full-sized mirror without sacrificing floor space. Add a frame for a decorative element or attach shelves, baskets and/or jewelry hooks for extra storage.
- Consider a vanity mirror: If you have a spacious dressing room, a vanity mirror with a table and chair can help you achieve flawless hair and make-up. These mirrors can be oblong, circular or square.
- Opt for a bespoke mirror: Make a statement with a one-of-a-kind mirror made to your individual specifications. Choose the size, frame, mounting and cut of glass. Make it fit perfectly with your home’s décor and style. An expert mirror-maker can bring your vision to life.
- Choose an antique or vintage mirror: Old mirrors have imperfections like tarnishing, oxidation and waviness that add character and charm. With their mottled patches and black edges, they add style to a room and change the character of a living space. Can’t afford a true antique? Consider a reproduction. They come in a variety of styles to suit a wide range of tastes and can be built to the specifics of your project.
- Think silvered mirrors: This type of mirror is coated with a reflective material. These mirrors are stronger, last longer, have a highly reflective quality and are made from a low-density material that is much lighter than other types of compounds.
Mirrors have a lot of benefits; from seeing oneself to giving a space beauty. They amplify light, add drama and create the illusion of space. Take time to think about what you want from a mirror before you choose a design. There are many possibilities!
Looking to add a distinctive mirror to a room in your home? Need a custom-made mirror? Call Calgary’s premier glass and mirror company, House of Mirrors & Glass (403) 253-3777 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We manufacture bevelled and polished edge frameless mirrors to order and have hundreds of frame samples from major suppliers. Our helpful team of associates can assist you in finding the look that works for you. We’ll even come to your home to measure and install your new mirror. Check out our showroom today!