The bathroom is a place to wash away the stress of the day, relax and unwind. That’s why it’s important that your bathroom be more than functional. It also needs to be aesthetically pleasing and tranquil. The shower often acts as the focal point of a bathroom, impacting the style of the whole space. A glass shower enclosure elevates the aesthetic of your bathroom while also increasing the functionality of the space. Nothing can beat the timeless style of a glass shower enclosure!
Advantages of Glass Shower Enclosures
There are many advantages to installing a glass shower enclosure in your bathroom.
- Low maintenance: Glass shower enclosures require significantly less maintenance than a regular shower. They’re durable and effortless to clean, just spray on a cleaning solution and wipe with a clean towel. Chances of a build-up of mould or mildew are rare. Glass enclosures are well constructed and require few repairs. Made of tempered glass, they’re resistant to scratches or cracks. Many glass shower enclosures also have a protective coating, which helps reduce soap and water stains. With little effort, your glass enclosure will look great for a long time!
- Aesthetic appeal: A glass shower enclosure adds grace and style to your bathroom’s interior. By reflecting light, it creates the illusion of a larger space, making it perfect for small or cramped washrooms. Glass shower enclosures come in a variety of unique designs, textures and colours to accentuate and/or blend in with the rest of the room. Nothing says modern elegance like a glass shower enclosure!
- Effective use of space: Intelligent utilization of space is critical to making a home functional and cozy. You want your bathroom to contain a variety of features but you don’t want it to look or feel cramped. A glass shower enclosure makes a bathroom look and feels larger. It gives the illusion of continuity in space.
- Sustainable choice: Glass is made of sand, limestone and sodium carbonate making it 100% sustainable and non-toxic. It’s also recyclable ensuring that no carbon footprint is created. Glass shower enclosures are a popular choice for environmentally conscious consumers.
- Easily customized: Glass shower enclosures can be customized based on your requirements. Have an irregularly shaped corner? A glass shower enclosure can be built to the right size and shape. They can also be made to fit your need for privacy, both for visibility and audibility. Etched or frosted glass is perfect for those who like to have a bit of privacy. Ceramic frit glass is a great option for those who want to jazz up their bathroom interiors with a splash of colour, offering the right balance of aesthetics, privacy and safety. Patterned glass provides a unique artistic glam to your shower and comes in a vast range of designs and colours to satisfy any taste. Rain glass offers a modern vibe with a graceful appearance. Soundproof glass works by deflecting and dissipating sound waves and makes for a quiet shower experience.
- Hygienic space: Shower curtains tend toward film and mildew, looking less than stellar and possibly affecting your health. A glass shower enclosure is non-porous so microbes cannot grow on or in it, resulting in a more hygienic space.
- Durability: The glass used in a shower enclosure undergoes various processes and treatments to achieve strength and durability. This glass is generally five times stronger than annealed glass, making it a perfect choice for the bathroom.
- Say goodbye to water seepage: Shower curtains seep around the edges, resulting in pools of water and sometimes accidents. Glass shower cubicles completely seal your shower space, leaving no place for water to escape. They save you the hassle of wiping the floor after every shower.
- Showcase your tile: The type, colour and pattern of the tile in a bathroom can set the mood, theme and décor of the space. Shower curtains hide the beauty, blocking the view and diminishing the room’s appeal. A glass shower enclosure offers a clear view of the tile design, enhancing the look of the room.
- Ensures safety: Accidental falls due to wet floors are fairly common. A glass shower enclosure keeps your bathroom dry, preventing any mishaps. They’re particularly useful in homes with young children and/or elderly persons.
- Add value to your home: An elegant glass shower enclosure is sure to enhance your home’s value should you decide to sell.
A glass shower enclosure adds an instant dash of style and elegance to a bathroom of virtually any shape, size or style. It brings a touch of urban glamour to your bathroom, requiring little to no upkeep. It allows light to pass through, making the bathroom look spacious, appealing and bright. Consider a custom glass shower enclosure for your home.
Considering a custom glass shower enclosure for your home? Looking for beauty, durability and efficiency? Call Calgary’s premier glass and mirror company, House of Mirrors & Glass. Visit our showroom. Our knowledgeable and efficient team provides excellent customer service with a focus on custom design. Call (403) 253-3777 or email us at email@example.com. Let us know what you’re looking to achieve and our experts will assist you!