Patterned glass, also known as decorative or textured glass, has been used for centuries. Its elegance, privacy and stability add a stylish and functional touch to any room. Patterned glass is a favourite element for interior designers and is found in homes, hotels, restaurants and offices.
How is patterned glass made?
Silica, sand, soda and lime are melted together in a tank, then passed between rollers embossed with patterns. The patterns are transferred to one or both sides of the glass. The resulting product is cooled and then cut and customized to suit the client. It usually comes in 4 mm to 6 mm thickness, is available in many colours and can be laminated to be used as safety glass.
- Available in a variety of designs, patterns and colours
- Can be combined with frosted glass to create innovative designs
- Provides privacy without compromising natural light
- Gives a feeling of space in small areas
- Creates a relaxed environment by diffusing sunlight
- Works with all styles of interior design
- Different patterns provide different levels of transparency
- Opaque surfaces are possible
- When combined with wired glass it provides privacy, as well as fire resistance
- Can be laminated or tempered for application as safety glass
- Can be used in insulated glass units to provide privacy in commercial structures
What are the benefits of patterned glass?
There are numerous advantages to using patterned glass in your home and/or office.
- Customizable: Patterned glass allows you to add a personal touch, enabling a custom piece for your home (flowers, swirls, abstract patterns, bubbled, rippled, reeded, rain textured, etc.).
- Privacy: This glass allows you to choose the level of privacy that suits different areas of your home.
- Beauty: This unique glass adds the perfect touch of colour and elegance to any space.
- Light transmittance: It allows you to enhance privacy while allowing natural light to diffuse your home.
- Range of uses: It has a variety of uses and applications; front and back doors, shower screen, bathroom windows, privacy walls, backsplashes, patio doors, tables, floor panels, interior partitions, shelves, lampshades, counters, furniture, balustrades, decorative glassware, cabinets, light fixtures, and more.
If you’re searching for a unique flair for your décor and/or want to brighten a space while maintaining privacy, consider patterned glass. It offers ambience, aesthetics, added privacy, wide application possibilities and eye-catching design features. Customize your space and create something unique by incorporating patterned glass.
Interested in a patterned glass feature for your home or office? Call Calgary’s premier glass and mirror company, House of Mirrors & Glass at (403) 253-3777 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our helpful associates can assist you in finding the look that works for you. Check out our showroom today! Our knowledgeable and efficient team provides excellent customer service with a focus on custom design.