Glass is unmatched by almost any other material. Available in small pieces and full sheets, boasting durability, style and insulating factors, its applications for interior design are unlimited. The following are some of the benefits of glass for interior design.
- Sense of space: The translucent nature of glass creates the effect of space. Use glass doors and/or partitions to promote continuity while keeping an open airy feel.
- Invite the outside in: Glass offers the chance to invite the outside world into your interior space, allowing designers to draw upon nature as a visual stimulus. This provides a sense of flow, creating a seamless link with the natural world and bringing the beauty of the outdoors closer.
- Beauty: Glass adds an element of sophistication to a room. It makes both residential and commercial spaces look sleek and elegant. With a multitude of options to choose from, it can match and enhance any design style.
- Natural light is important to our physical and psychological well-being, making glass particularly important for frequently used spaces such as kitchens, dining areas and living rooms. The inclusion of natural light is one of the biggest benefits of glass features, making a space feel vibrant and bright while enhancing the other elements of the room.
- Timeless style: While the popularity of many materials ebbs and flows, glass offers an appeal not confined to one period or one style. It provides a lasting visual impression that is powerful for years.
- Versatility: Glass block, frosted glass, back-painted glass and stained glass can be used in doors, windows, staircases and ceilings. Consider glass flooring, glass furniture, balustrades, backsplashes, countertops and mirrors. The possibilities are endless!
Glass offers near-endless potential for transforming a space both practically and aesthetically. Whether you are using glass for windows, doors, skylights, partitions, countertops or backsplashes, this material offers versatility, beauty and timeless style. Consider incorporating glass into your space.
Looking for an interesting glass feature for your home or office? Call Calgary’s premier glass and mirror company, House of Mirrors & Glass (403) 253-3777 or email us at email@example.com. Our helpful team of associates can assist you in finding the look that works for you. Check out our showroom today! Our knowledgeable and efficient team provides excellent customer service with a focus on custom design.