Mirrors are a brilliant source of design, adding beauty and interest to any room. They can blend in or stand out, all while reflecting light and opening the space.
What is a frameless mirror?
Frameless mirrors are large sheets of finished mirror glass, custom cut to fit your room. They offer a sleek, modern look and contribute to the illusion of more space. Classy and contemporary, they’re easy to clean as they provide little for the dust to cling to. Look for a version with a specially sealed backing and edges if you need it to stand up to heat and humidity. Also, note clarity and fabrication quality. Use mirror clips or mirror mastic (special glue that leaves no marks) for maximum security and ease of installment. Be aware that if a frameless mirror is touched or moved frequently, it’s likely that the edges will chip.
Where can I place a frameless mirror?
There are multiple locations in which a frameless mirror can be placed, adding to your home’s balance, beauty and decor. Try putting a frameless mirror in:
- The bedroom: Positioning a frameless mirror in a bedroom results in an increase in function and beauty. Place it:
- Above the bed: Placing a mirror above the headboard of your bed draws attention away from the walls and makes your sleeping area more attractive. Just make sure it doesn’t reflect clutter in your room as this can create stress and tension.
- Close to the closet: Placing a mirror near your closet creates a dressing area, allowing you to check out your appearance as you select your daily outfit.
- In your walk-in closet: If you’re fortunate enough to have a walk-in closet, use some of the wall space for a luxurious mirror. Add an ottoman for extra storage and feel completely pampered.
- Opposite a window: if your bedroom is small and/or dark, placing a frameless mirror opposite the window reflects light into the room giving the illusion of space. Behind the door: If you’re short on space, position a full-length mirror behind the bedroom door. This keeps the room from feeling crowded while supplying you with assistance coordinating outfits.
- On the door: Have limited wall space? Try a door-mounted mirror. Use hardware that rests on the top of the door.
- On a sliding closet door: Mirror-coated sliding closet doors give you a full-length view and save space at the same time.
- On an armoire: If your bedroom boasts an armoire (an ornate or antique movable cabinet/wardrobe), place a mirror on the inside of a door, on the side of the wardrobe or on the front.
- A small room: Mirrors enlarge and lighten spaces by reflecting light making them the perfect trick to help make that small space feel larger. In a small room:
- Make a mirrored wall: Cover one wall of a small room with a bevelled edge or polished edge frameless mirror. This oversized mirror complements your decor while seamlessly making the room appear larger.
- Consider a horizontal mirror: Elongated, rectangular frameless mirrors instantaneously make a wall look bigger! This trick is especially successful when using long skinny mirrors, creating the illusion of spaciousness.
- Pair a mirror with a light source: Candles and lighting fixtures go well with mirrors, adding atmosphere and dimension to a small space. Try placing a lamp or candle in front of a wall-mounted frameless mirror.
- Try a tall mirror: It will draw the eye upward, instantly making the room feel more spacious, and providing a sense of depth and continuity.
- Opposite a window: Placing a mirror opposite a window creates the illusion of space inside a small room. It’ll ensure ample reflected natural light during the day and a view of the world at all times.
- Create a focal point: Align all the mirrors in a small room to a designated focal point, creating the illusion of depth and space.
- Your home gym: If you’re fortunate enough to have a home gym, consider installing a frameless mirror in this space to:
- Provide a motivational Boost: A full-length frameless mirror allows you to gauge progress (fat loss, muscle definition), providing an incentive to continue exercising. It can help you feel motivated and inspired.
- Transform a dark area: Many home gyms are located in the basement or garage, typically in poorly lit locations. A mirror reflects and magnifies light helping maintain a well-lit workout area and creating a bright, spacious place where you actually enjoy exercising.
- Improve safety: Good technique is essential to injury prevention. A mirror will help you detect and correct mistakes in your form, posture and alignment before they become safety issues. A mirror can assist in avoiding distorted positions and patterns of movement that end up being the source of injuries and chronic pain.
- The dining room: If you’re looking for an elegant and easy way to brighten a dining room, add a frameless mirror, transforming the lighting and ambiance of your eating experience.
- Placed parallel to a chandelier or window it’ll amplify the light, making the space appear grander in size.
- Try placing it over the buffet where it can reflect the lovely array of food you’ve displayed.
- The living room: Mirrors act as beautiful decorative pieces in a living room.
- Use a frameless mirror to help you spot your favourite artwork from an unforeseen corner of the living room.
- Hang a mirror opposite a window to bring the outside in.
- Use a mirror to fill an awkward empty space in your living room wall decor.
- Use an oversized mirror that fills an entire wall.
- Consider a frameless mirror over the mantle of the fireplace.
- Near the front door: A small frameless mirror mounted near the front door lets you do a last-minute check on your appearance as you leave. Place a small table or chest beneath to provide a place for mail and keys. Add fresh flowers, letting the mirror reflect their beauty.
Frameless mirrors are like art. You can place them in any room of your home! They add beauty to a space, making it feel open and spacious. Wherever you decide to hang a frameless mirror, be sure the view is something worthy of reflection.
Interested in a custom frameless mirror for your space? Call Calgary’s premier glass and mirror company, House of Mirrors & Glass. Our knowledgeable and efficient team provides excellent customer service with a focus on custom design. Call (403) 253-3777 or email us at email@example.com. Let us know what you’re looking to achieve and our experts will assist you!