Does your bathroom feel dim and dingy? Looking for an update to an outdated powder room? Want a more luxurious feel to your washroom? Searching for an easy way to boost the resale value of your home? You may be surprised what a few improvements using glass can do. The following are three ways you can upgrade your bathroom with glass:
1.) Glass shower enclosure: Luxurious and spacious, glass-enclosed showers provide a spa-like feeling. They make your bathroom appear bigger, brighter, trendier and sleeker. Their beauty and functionality boost the appeal and value of any home. They offer:
- Low maintenance: Glass showers are durable and effortless to clean. Chances of a build-up of mould or mildew are rare and good construction means few repairs are required. They’re resistant to scratches or cracks and many enclosures have a protective coating which helps reduce soap and water stains.
- Aesthetic appeal: Glass shower enclosures add grace, elegance and style to a bathroom’s interior. By reflecting light, they create the illusion of a larger space, making them perfect for small or cramped washrooms. They come in a variety of designs, textures and colours to accentuate and/or blend with the rest of the room.
- Effective use of space: You want your bathroom to contain a variety of features but you don’t want it to look or feel cramped. A glass shower enclosure makes a bathroom look and feel larger, giving the illusion of continuity in space.
- Sustainable choice: Glass is 100% sustainable and non-toxic. It’s recyclable ensuring that no carbon footprint is created.
- Easily customized: Glass shower enclosures can be customized based on your space requirements. They can also be made to fit your need for privacy, both for visibility and audibility.
- Hygienic space: A glass shower enclosure is non-porous so microbes cannot grow on or in it, resulting in a hygienic space.
- Durability: The glass used in a shower enclosure undergoes various processes and treatments to achieve strength and durability and is generally five times stronger than annealed glass.
- Say goodbye to water seepage: Glass shower cubicles completely seal your shower space, leaving no place for water to escape.
- Showcase your tile: A glass shower enclosure offers a clear view of your tile design (type, colour, pattern), enhancing the look of the room and setting the mood and theme.
- Ensure safety: A glass shower enclosure keeps your bathroom dry, preventing mishaps and making them useful in homes with young children and/or elderly persons.
- Add value to your home: An elegant glass shower enclosure is sure to enhance your home’s value should you decide to sell.
2.) A mirror is an essential component of the bathroom, playing a role in balance, functionality, aesthetics and spaciousness. It’s a quick, easy and affordable way to spruce up your bathroom. Be creative! Explore your options for design, shape, style and finish.
- Consider the location: Experiment with placement. Center it above the sink. Consider a floating mirror that hangs from a hook. Opt for a full-length mirror on the wall. You can also have an ultra-wide mirror that spans the entire wall like a backsplash.
- Think about size: A bathroom mirror needs to be at least 70 to 80% of the vanity size. A larger mirror gives you additional reflection space and makes the bathroom seem roomier. Try hanging a long skinny mirror beside a narrow vanity. Remember to leave some negative space for décor items like lamps, sconces and art. Consider creating a custom-sized mirror with the exact dimensions that you need and want.
- Ponder functionality: Consider the viewing angles you wish to gain for grooming as well as how much light you wish to reflect in the space.
- Consider shape: Pick the shape that is appropriate for the ambiance and aesthetic of your bathroom.
- A long mirror helps to lengthen the overall look of a bathroom.
- A round mirror can add a touch of softness.
- Rectangular mirrors have a classic look, are more functional and are great for a modern bathroom.
- Square mirrors have a wider angle, blend in with various interior décor styles and reflect more light.
- Rounded rectangular, dome-shaped, pill-shaped or popsicle-shaped mirrors add a quirky touch, offering visual interest and a decorative element.
- Unique and ornate shapes are statement pieces for a bathroom and give the room character.
- Try a folded corner mirror to utilize those awkward-looking corners.
- Remember that mirrors can also be custom-made to be the perfect shape for a space.
- Think about style: If you want something traditional, look for a larger mirror and consider an antique frame. Thinking modern, choose a mirror with technical features (clock, thermometer, demister, etc.) or an unusual shape.
- Decide on framed or frameless: Size, shape and location are not the only choices you must make when choosing your bathroom mirror. You’ll also need to decide if you want a framed or frameless mirror.
- Framed mirrors add interest, detail and a traditional or polished look. The frame itself can be a unique design feature. Framed mirrors are statement pieces that draw the eye of your guest.
- Frameless mirrors are stylish, streamlined, minimalist and modern-looking while using maximum wall space. They provide a more reflective surface than framed mirrors and go well with any aesthetic.
3.) Frosted glass is produced by sandblasting or acid etching one side of a clear glass sheet creating a pitted surface that renders the glass translucent. It’s a great way to upgrade a bathroom, adding beauty, light and privacy. Try low-level frosted glass that lightly blurs people and objects or opt for a high level that renders all unrecognizable. This versatile, durable, hygienic glass makes a bathroom shine! Consider:
- Frosted glass shower doors preserve privacy and functionality if your bathroom has many users at the same time. They’re a unique, versatile addition.
- Frosted glass bathroom doors create privacy while providing style and creativity and permitting light to enter. They’re especially helpful for bathrooms with no windows.
- Frosted bathroom windows provide a clean mould free surface, allowing light to enter while lending a modern look to the space. They’re particularly useful if your bathroom is easily viewed from outdoors or you want to disguise a less-than-perfect view from your window.
- Frosted bathroom mirror: Add a frosted glass element to the border of your bathroom mirror for an added decorative accent.
- Frosted bathroom shelves and cabinet doors add a touch of beauty to a utilitarian space.
Does your bathroom look and feel less than stellar? Are you pondering an upgrade for your washroom? Consider adding functionality and beauty with glass features. A glass shower enclosure, interesting mirror and/or frosted glass can make your bathroom shine!
Interested in upgrading your bathroom with glass features? Call Calgary’s premier glass and mirror company, House of Mirrors & Glass. Our knowledgeable and efficient team provides excellent customer service with a focus on custom design. Call (403) 253-3777 or email us at email@example.com. Let us know what you’re looking to achieve and our experts will assist you!