Many people are unaware of the multitude of ways that glass can add style and/or accents to a home or office. The applications of glass in interior design are unlimited! Custom glass features are affordable, durable, beautiful and elegant. The following are some ways to use custom glass to add drama to your space.
- Glass countertops are stylish and attractive, combining form and function. They’re versatile, beautiful, customizable and durable. To top it off, they’re low maintenance, hygienic and environmentally friendly. Consider a customized glass countertop for your space.
- Glass backsplashes: Backsplashes are usually made of ceramic tile, metal, porcelain or stone. Have you considered the show-stopping appeal of a glass backsplash? It adds style, interest and personality to a room. Tile and/or sheet glass backsplashes update and freshen a room, adding a whole new look and feel to the space. They’re heat resistant, easy to clean, hygienic, eco-friendly, versatile and add shimmer and sparkle to your home!
- Glass shower enclosures: The bathroom is a place to wash away the stress of the day, relax and unwind. Luxurious and spacious custom glass-enclosed showers provide a spa-like feeling, making your bathroom aesthetically pleasing and tranquil. Their beauty and functionality boost the appeal and value of any home. Consider frosted glass for an added bit of privacy. Nothing can beat the timeless style of a glass shower enclosure!
- Glass partitions: Glass lets in light and brings nature into our spaces. This transparent material can transform a space, providing an airy modern feel. Custom glass partitions offer a solution to almost all open space problems and can be easily moved and/or removed when required. Instead of choosing expensive remodels, more and more home and business owners are looking at the advantages and benefits of using glass partitions in their spaces.
- Sliding glass doors/walls have a huge impact on property value. Replace a section of a wall with floor-to-ceiling custom sliding glass, adding an indoor-outdoor element to your space. Open onto a balcony, patio, terrace or deck. Let natural light flood your rooms! Enhance the view and maximize your living space.
- Glass cabinets: Fine china and crystal look spectacular on the table but what do you do with them once the guests leave? Why not organize and display it in elegant custom glass cabinets? This ensures your pieces are in perfect shape for your next dinner party and the combination of decorative china and glassware, ornate shelving and special lighting makes your home shine.
- Glass feature wall: Nothing brings the wow factor to your home or commercial property quite like a feature wall! It catches the eye and introduces uniqueness to your space. Consider the stunning beauty of a custom glass feature wall! Glass offers timeless beauty, a sophisticated aesthetic that brings your surroundings to life. The following are some ideas for creating stunning feature walls with custom glass.
- Mirrored feature wall: A mirrored feature wall brightens a space and adds unique beauty to a room. Choose any shape you wish or cover the entire wall. Consider using frosted glass on the border for an extra burst of beauty.
- Printed feature wall: Thanks to modern glass printing technology, you can use digital printing to custom-design your glass feature wall. Incorporate stunning images, vibrant prints and colour! Use a high-resolution image of your choice and make a flawless, seamless wall of art!
- Back-painted glass feature wall: Back-painted glass is a multi-purpose design option that can be made in virtually any colour and a variety of textures. Its glossy, reflective surface adds elegance and modern flair to any space. Outline your fireplace or built-in shelving. Create a whiteboard in your child’s bedroom and let the self-expression begin! Make your kitchen wall a message board. Supply the chalk and pens and see what happens!
- Glass block feature wall: Maintain privacy while letting the light into your bathroom, bedroom or office through the use of a glass block feature wall. Add a decorative touch to the garden, deck or patio. Curved, flat or rectangular sections of walls are possible. Try backlighting for a dramatic effect. Glass block comes in a variety of colours and designs to suit any style. Passive solar heat gain from glass walls can be helpful in sunny winter locations. Low maintenance and easy to clean, a custom glass block wall is an easy solution.
Glass can be more than a utilitarian aspect of your home or office. It can be a decorative element. It’s sophisticated, stylish, trendy and chic and is more widely used in the interior of homes/offices than ever before. It’s strong, easy to maintain, versatile and attractive. Turn your home and/or office into a work of art! Bring pizzazz to your space with custom glass features.
Interested in a custom glass feature for your home or office? Have a glass project in mind? Call Calgary’s premier glass and mirror company, House of Mirrors & Glass. Our knowledgeable and efficient team provides excellent customer service with a focus on custom design. Call (403) 253-3777 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know what you’re looking to achieve and our experts will assist you!