Open and airy interiors are trending. If you like the feel of this design style but need to keep spaces separate, glass partitions may be the answer. Adaptable and customizable, these glass walls open up a layout while keeping areas defined. They allow beautiful views from room to room and let light flow freely while separating areas for different usage and a degree of privacy. Glass walls can be installed in large open rooms, corridors, en-suite bathrooms and more.
What are glass partitions?
Glass partitions are internal glass walls used to define, close off and/or demarcate spaces without completely shutting the areas. They’re non-weight bearing and generally composed of metal track and glass. Available in a variety of finishes and track colours, partitions allow you to divide spaces without creating a cramped feeling or shrinking the size of the area.
What type of glass is used in partitions?
Acoustic glass is the most common choice for glass partitions but laminated glass may be used for additional safety and increased acoustic resistance. Fire-rated glass and decorative glass (frosted, ribbed, textured, stained, fluted, mirrored, etched, sandblasted, coloured) are also utilized in glass room partitions.
Why use glass partition walls?
There are many reasons to use glass partitions in your homes. Glass partitions:
- Improve space and light: Solid walls block light and reduce the sense of space. Glass partitions allow for the free flow of light and make a space feel larger.
- Offer a wide range of options: The many design choices offered by glass partitions allow your space to be functional and beautiful. Choose from a variety of styles, colours and textures.
- Improve the functionality of a space: Reducing noise levels and increasing privacy, glass partitions make a space more functional while also offering a level of fire protection.
- Increase privacy: Try a coloured or textured finish or opt for switchable privacy smart glass which becomes transparent or opaque with the flick of a switch, perfect for bedrooms or meeting rooms.
- Reduce costs and maintenance: Once installed, glass partitions require little maintenance. Simply wipe them clean. Panels can be easily replaced as required.
- Eco-friendly: Glass partitions reduce energy usage as they minimize the need for artificial lighting and they are 100% recyclable.
- Improve health: Allowing in more natural light, glass partitions contribute to overall health, reducing sick days and promoting better quality sleep.
- Are often mobile, allowing you to reorganize your space to your heart’s content.
- Easy to install: The installation process is quick and easy with little or no clean-up required.
- Safe: The glass used in partitions withstands moderate loads and, if broken, holds itself together, free of jagged edges.
Ways to use glass partitions in your home:
The following are just a few of the many ways to use glass walls and/or partitions in your home.
- A glass wall in the kitchen for separating food preparation from the serving area
- A glass bathroom partition separating the shower or bath from the toilet or dressing area.
- To separate the entryway and/or stairwell.
- To separate the cooking and relaxing areas.
- To close off one corner of a large space to create a work area.
- To allow a windowless bathroom to borrow light from the bedroom. `
- To reveal a dressing room or walk-in closet.
Glass partitions are a multi-purpose solution, great for any room. They break up an open-plan space without blocking light and without compromising the wide, open feel. Consider glass partitions for your home.
Considering glass partitions for your home? Looking for beauty, durability and efficiency? Call Calgary’s premier glass and mirror company, House of Mirrors & Glass. Visit our showroom. Our knowledgeable and efficient team provides excellent customer service with a focus on custom design. Call (403) 253-3777 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know what you’re looking to achieve and our experts will assist you!