The textured nature of frosted glass obscures objects and people, providing privacy while allowing natural light into your space. This is the perfect ambiance for the bathroom!
What is frosted glass?
Frosted glass is produced by sandblasting or acid etching clear sheet glass creating a pitted surface on the pane. The procedure renders the glass translucent, blurring images while still transmitting light.
The benefits of frosted glass:
There are many benefits of using frosted glass in your space:
- More light: Frosted glass filters natural light protecting art and furnishings from harmful UV rays while allowing light transmission into your space.
- Privacy: Though it allows light to penetrate, frosted glass increases privacy, blurring objects and people into vague shapes and blended colours. This makes it a perfect choice for bathrooms, bedrooms, offices and other areas where privacy is desired.
- Saves money: The enhanced privacy provided by frosted glass means that costly curtains and/or blinds are unnecessary.
- Low maintenance: This glass treatment is resistant to scratching and does not rust or corrode. It’s streak-resistant and easily cleaned with a microfibre cloth.
- Energy-efficient: Filtering sunlight keeps your room cool during the summer while allowing some sunlight to enter which helps keep your space warm during winter. This adds up to lower energy bills.
- Beauty: Available in a variety of colours and designs, frosted glass adds a strong decorative element to any space.
- Versatile: Customizable to your requirements, frosted glass can be made in different dimensions, designs, colours and patterns.
How to use frosted glass in the bathroom:
There are many attractive and creative ways to incorporate frosted glass in a bathroom.
- Shower doors: Frosted glass preserves privacy and functionality if your bathroom has many users at the same time.
- Frosted Sliding Doors consist of two or more frosted glass panels that operate in a track and help save space in a small bathroom.
- A Frosted Fixed Screen is a frosted glass panel that is fixed to one side of a bathroom, making your space feel modern and providing an elegant and economic solution.
- Folding Frosted Doors are made of separate frosted panels and can be bi-fold or tri-fold. One panel is fixed to the wall while the other folds when opened, providing a modern, unique solution for small bathroom spaces.
- Curved Frosted Shower Doors are enclosed in a round or curved shower enclosure, great for corner and/or standalone showers. They’re a unique, versatile addition to a bathroom.
- Frosted Glass bathroom doors create privacy while providing style and creativity and permitting light to enter. They’re especially helpful for bathrooms with no windows.
- Frosted bathroom windows provide a clean mould free surface, allowing light to enter while lending a modern look to the space. They’re particularly useful if your bathroom is easily viewed from outdoors or you want to disguise a less-than-perfect view from your window
- Frosted bathroom mirror: Add a frosted glass element to the border of your bathroom mirror for an added decorative accent.
- Frosted bathroom shelves and cabinet doors add a touch of beauty to a utilitarian space.
Enjoy beauty, abundant light and privacy in your bathroom. Try low-level frosted glass that lightly blurs people and objects or opt for a high level that renders all unrecognizable. This versatile, durable, hygienic glass makes a bathroom shine!
Considering frosted glass for your bathroom? The expert designers at House of Mirrors and Glass create custom pieces that meet the unique specifications of any project. Come by today to meet our team. Visit our showroom. Our knowledgeable and efficient crew provides excellent service with a focus on custom design. Call (403) 253-3777 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know what you’re looking to achieve and our experts will assist you!