Back-painted glass has an elegant contemporary look and offers both functionality and versatility. It can be used to create functional art in your home and/or office.
What is back-painted glass?
Sometimes known as colour-coated glass, back-painted glass is clear glass that’s painted from the backside and viewed from the front, rendering it opaque, with a solid colour. It comes in ⅛ to ½ inch thickness and can be made from annealed or tempered glass. It adheres to a variety of horizontal and vertical surfaces and can be used as a design element in both home and business settings. Back-painted glass creates elegant, functional works of art.
Why choose back-painted glass?
- Durability: Back-painted glass endures heat, humidity and moisture. It will not peel, stain, chip or distort and looks fresh even years after installation.
- Versatility: Back-painted glass can be fabricated to your specifications and installed on horizontal and vertical surfaces. Available in unlimited colours, a range of glass surface options (low iron textures, anti-glare, etched), a variety of edges (bevelled, polished, seamed) and a number of patterns, it will set the tone and mood for any room. Back-painted glass is available in a variety of thicknesses and in large sheets or small panels.
- Hygienic: Back-painted glass is non-porous so it won’t trap germs, bacteria or mildew.
- Low maintenance: It’s easy to clean and disinfect, making maintenance quick and simple.
Create office art pieces with back-painted glass:
Use back-painted glass in your office to create stunning works of art.
- Floor-to-ceiling wall cladding is a practical and aesthetic way to break up large plain walls and fill empty spaces in a lobby or other high traffic areas of a commercial setting. Back-painted glass transforms cladding into a work of art, providing beauty and functionality for your office.
- Conference room table tops made of back-painted glass are beautiful and functional, creating a work of art in an unexpected location. They’re also durable and low maintenance.
- Glass wall panels or glass room dividers can be back-painted with company colours to provide office décor that enhances branding.
Create art pieces in your home with back-painted glass:
Use back-painted glass in your home to create functional eye-catching art.
- The kitchen: Back-painted glass is non-porous and easy to clean making it perfect for vibrant (seamless or nearly seamless) backsplashes, custom glass tabletops, modern bar tops and kitchen islands. Have a contemporary kitchen? Try back-painted glass cabinets for a sleek and modern appearance. Consider cladding kitchen walls in back-painted glass as it resists heat and moisture and maintains a finish for a long time.
- The bathroom: Back-painted glass withstands moisture, is easy to sanitize and looks amazing with the glass, metal and porcelain often found in bathrooms. Use it as a backsplash or as a washbasin countertop. Its smooth seamless appearance is perfect for shower wall panels. Try glass wall panels that blend in with the other walls or introduce a vivid burst of colour.
- Kids rooms: Consider a white back-painted wall in a child’s bedroom or playroom. It’s the perfect writable surface for little artists.
Bring beauty, vibrancy and versatility to your home and/or office. Use back-painted glass for clean lines, a fresh look and easy maintenance. Homeowners and professionals can add contemporary stylish art pieces that match any colour palette with the addition of back-painted glass. From backsplashes to wall murals and whiteboards, back-painted glass is a great addition to homes and offices.
Thinking of using back-painted glass to create an art piece in your home or office? Want to see samples or ask questions? Looking for ideas? Call Calgary’s premier glass and mirror company, House of Mirrors & Glass. Visit our showroom. Our knowledgeable and efficient team provides excellent customer service with a focus on custom design. Call (403) 253-3777 or email us at email@example.com. Let us know what you’re looking to achieve and our experts will assist you!