Backsplashes add style, interest and personality to a room. They’re usually made of ceramic tile, metal or stone. Have you ever considered the show-stopping appeal of a glass backsplash? Tile and/or sheet glass update and freshen a room, giving a whole new look and feel to the heart of your home. The following are some reasons to consider a glass backsplash for your kitchen.
- Eco-friendly: Glass has insulating properties helping your kitchen stay warm in winter and cool in summer while reducing your energy bill. Glass tiles take ½ the energy of ceramic to produce and can be made of recycled materials. Sheet glass and glass tile are %100 recyclable at the end of their lifespan.
- Versatile: Glass tiles come in a variety of shapes, sizes and colours allowing you to achieve an assortment of looks and customize your backsplash to your unique needs and design. Choose your favourite colour and/or personalize a sheet glass backsplash with photo effects. Enhance your design with some LED lights! Glass can be combined with other materials (metal, stone) to create a unique, one-of-a-kind look for your kitchen.
- Easy to clean: Glass is a non-porous material making it resistant to stains. Fingerprints, splatters and water spots are easily wiped away with warm soapy water and a cloth. Add DFI coating to make your glass kitchen backsplash even easier to clean.
- Hygienic: Glass is impermeable making it mildew and mould resistant. It will not harbour germs and/or bacteria that could endanger your family.
- Ease of installation: Glass can be applied on any flat surface. No demolition required!
- Reflects light: A glass backsplash naturally reflects and refracts light adding depth and interest to your walls and making your kitchen feel open, bright and airy. It prevents the formation of shadows making your cooking area easier to use.
- Heat resistant: A glass backsplash will not fade, crack or warp even when exposed to the extreme heat of your stove.
Glass tile and sheet glass are great backsplash options for your kitchen. They are heat resistant, easy to clean, hygienic, eco-friendly, versatile and add shimmer and sparkle to your home! Consider glass for your kitchen backsplash!
Want a unique design and feel in your kitchen? Looking for beauty, durability and efficiency? Call Calgary’s premier glass and mirror company, House of Mirrors & Glass. Visit our showroom. Our knowledgeable and efficient team provides excellent customer service with a focus on custom design. Call (403) 253-3777 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know what you’re looking to achieve and our experts will assist you!