If you’re looking for unique materials to design your space, look no farther than glass, a versatile medium that’s becoming popular in the kitchen and bath. A glass countertop brings a distinct and fresh look to a room. Glass countertops are:
- Versatile: Available in a wide variety of styles, colours and textures, glass countertops pair well with many materials. These countertops can be coloured, clear, textured, polished or patterned. They work well in the kitchen, bathroom or even the home bar.
- Customizable: Unlike many worktops, glass countertops are not limited to designs provided by a supplier. If you want a simple countertop, it can be made of glass. If you are interested in something more complex (an interesting shape, texture, colour or even backlit glass), this is doable. Edges can be made in a number of styles. Designs are limited only by your imagination.
- Durable: Glass is a non-porous material that won’t age, wear, stain or discolour. Its heat resistance allows you to place hot pots and pans on the surface without warping, shrinking, cracking or scorching.
- Eco-friendly: Some glass countertops are made from 80 to 90% recycled glass making them a great option for homeowners watching their environmental footprint. Glass countertops themselves can be recycled reducing their environmental impact.
- Easy to clean and maintain: With a glass countertop, clean up is easy! A soft cloth and warm water will remove most messes. Stubborn stains require only the addition of a bit of dish soap. Because glass is non-porous, there are no cracks and crevices for dirt and bacteria to become trapped.
Glass countertops are a beautiful addition to any kitchen or bathroom. They can take the place of the old countertop or be custom made to go over an established worktop. They are durable, easy to clean, eco-friendly and customizable. Consider a glass countertop for your space!
Interested in a glass countertop? Call Calgary’s premier glass and mirror company, House of Mirrors & Glass. We have a showroom with a large selection of designs and samples. Our knowledgeable and efficient team provides excellent customer service with a focus on custom design. Call (403) 253-3777 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know what you’re looking to achieve and our experts will assist you!